PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Airlines B-738 'Secret Lavatory Cameras' Lawsuit
Old 30th Oct 2019, 11:37
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southwest Prank.

Originally Posted by Gipsy Queen
What the hell has happened to this industry? It used to be fun.

Years ago, my company appointed a new firm to clean and valet the a/c. A couple of days previously, I had left a packet of chocolate biscuits in the cockpit and these had become a molten mess; as an act of innocent devilment, I smeared some chocolate on the mirror inside the lavatory. We had a couple of secretaries who stood in as air hostesses and I asked one to inspect the interior while I did the outside checks. It wasn't long before I was summoned up the steps to witness what was thought to be a dereliction on the part of the cleaners. I wiped off a finger-full and ate it. The poor girl nearly fainted but her ashen face changed immediately when I explained things and she became convulsed in laughter.

It's an old airline joke but was new to her and we still laugh about it 40 years later when we occasionally meet. The world has become full of humourless, snowflake litigants. I'm so glad I'm retired from it.
It all might’ve just been a big prank. But once you cross that line of non standard stuff you do on the professional flight deck , you should expect some blow back and at times it can have serious repercussions as these pilots are soon to find out.
Also , this is also a narrative on company culture and how it’s OK in an airline to play these” pranks” with the dumb CC with no consequences. There’s a time and place for fun and pranks and the cockpit shouldn’t be it IMHO.