PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 30th Oct 2019, 03:38
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
CASAs Regulatory Philosophy

Hey CASA, you wrote it, it was you that said you would stick by it. You didn't. Clearly. I think it was September 2015.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) director of aviation safety Mark Skidmore says a set of new key principles will make a “real, positive and lasting difference” to the regulator’s dealings with the aviation community.As part of its response to the (ASRR), Australia’s aviation safety watchdog has published a list of 10 key principles that will guide and direct its approach to regulation.

These included a commitment to maintaining the trust and respect of the aviation community, as well as taking a consultative and collaborative approach to developing policies, having safety as the most important consideration, and a risk-based approach to regulatory action and decision-making, among others.

Skidmore said the new regulatory philosophy was “clear and concise set or principles that would guide all our actions” and sharpen the focus on how and how well CASA did its job.The director of aviation safety said CASA would, where necessary, develop new policies and procedures to give “meaningful effect to our regulatory philosophy”.I am committed to ensuring these principles make a real, positive and lasting difference to the way CASA operates and way we interact with the aviation community,” Skidmore said in a statement on Wednesday.

I understand some people may be sceptical at first about how or whether these principles will make a practical change to the way we carry out our regulatory responsibilities.“To regain trust, we must earn that trust. We look forward to the opportunity to do just that, and I invite the aviation community to use CASA’s regulatory philosophy as a benchmark against which our performance is measured.

https://www.casa.gov.au/about-us/who...ory-philosophy