PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 29th Oct 2019, 20:30
Grebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ST Dog
Just curious. How many safety analysis have you been involved with, with writing or reviewing?
FHA, FMEA, FTA, etc.

Having been involved with several and what has been published about the process with MCAS I disagree with your assessment.

I've seen many similar to what was done with MCAS. That's the standard way of doing them. Just as Boeing's use of their own test pilots for flight/SIM testing or using uncontrolled stab movement instead of simulating faults that could led to that are common.

There are processes issues that need dealt with. I don't know how they are going to fix it and maintain a commercially viable process.
They can move the line a bit to cover more cases, but there will still be cases not dealt with.
Hmmmm- so you disagree- fine - no need to be snarky. Do you now or have you ever worked for Boeing in the Commercial or Military side ? For how long ?
Have you dealt with all levels of Boeing management ?

As to my " qualifications" to comment on the Boeing culture I can answer yes to the above for over 30 years before retiring .

So you disagree with my comments- which are and have been based on over 30 years with Boeing before retiring in the mid 90's. ?
And as to my schedule- cost- budget-comments ? Simply based on still knowing several Boeing employees who worked on 737 737MAX ,787, KC46A, etc and being more familiar with the complete story of KC46-767 starting in 2000-2001 then probably anybody posting here. And having dealt with both ' old time' executives both good and bad, before and after reitiring and those with the MDC-Jack Welch -focus on shareholder value and also being a shareholder

The change in Boeing culture has been well documented -- start with a book title " Turbulence " and follow the reports and documents and emails and whistle blowers since

While I have been involved in a very minor way re test failure analysis of non- aircraft ( Saturn 5 ) parts, and some manufacturing problems- I have not been involved with apparently what you describe as a ' safety analysis ' of aircraft re writing or reviewing such. So what is your point !

As of today, the Boeing CEO admitted he had not known of the now infamous email given to DOJ but not FAA. And his answer re What was foley thinking or describing was we have been trying to find out, yada yada. But then when asked about the other employee on the email who is still an employee, he had not talked to him and appaantly neither had company lawyers. IMHO- that answer says it ALL-

You do know that under contract- to SW -If Boeing change to 737 required sim time, that Boeing would have to pay 1 Million per plane ? and that was a major driver ?
Have a good day