PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 29th Oct 2019, 18:32
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by hans brinker
The way you wrote that I think I am on Mikes side, and your snide reply doesn't help. AF447 was climbing very well while they got closer and closer to stalling, so apparently not that obvious in 5 seconds. It would not have been "useful", it should have been required to have two inputs for MCAS.

The fact that you can't cancel all the erroneous warnings alone is already enough reason the NG should not been certified.
we were discussing the stall warning on take-off Hans, not the opposite AF447 case which was a different scenario that was always going to result in a stall. I am sorry that you dislike my tone, and I am sorry to have employed understatement by writing “useful” when yes, it should have been mandatory to have three independent alpha sources.

Stall recovery has evolved over the years from trying to power out of it while loosing minimum altitude to the current positive and deliberate reduction in pitch (and hence, it is assumed, alpha). The stall warning on take-off case isn’t currently addressed, and a tiny AoA disagree message, if fitted, surely wouldn’t be the key to detecting a nuisance warning.