PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2019, 07:12
Rosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone. I would also recommend giorgio89 to look for better a flight school. Moudiaris and Incantator, I am sorry about your monetary loss. Incantator, maybe at least you have saved your soul from the toxic atmosphere out there? This school is mess, ruined by its own owner who has been completely overtaken by events and dishonesty. Dramas after another. As serious as 2 crashes they all were lucky to survives. Sure he is an excellent story teller. I had a few good experienced flight instructors, almost all left for better places to work, in addition to the dramas they often didn't get paid.

As students with OAA, we thought after we hit the wall, we are optimistic thinking a relatively young flight school would learn from its mistakes. Not here, it's a 5 years story repeating. If you ask actual students from this school, very few might dare exposing what's going on out there. They have lost too much not yet accepting the reality, which is going nowhere. That's how I've been fooled with that place. Quickly after partially paid things changed to the worst. later, I met with some former students, they revealed insane experience, it was still hard to believe back then. Almost all these former students where already with other flight schools to rescue their flight training. They had to afford paying again for training already paid and sometimes already done! I've been trapped there for months for an ATPL training, the only students I've seen getting successfully a pilot license the "honest way" out there were pilots having being trained abroad doing CPL or ATPL EASA conversions.

The accident report John is referring is a crash that occurred in 2015, the owner of the school was flying himself with 2 Italian students. You can find it on the AAIASB Air Accident Investigation and Safety Board: aaiasb.gr/en/aaiasb-reports/2018-reports-gr/412-01-2018.html
The AAIASB makes their investigation public only after release of their final report, usually after around 3 years, so you won't find anything yet concerning the 2018 crash.

You really want to do your commercial flight training in Northern Greece? You have Egnatia Aviation. Not your budget? You have Sky Aviation Academy, they are often that flight school rescuing the flight training of OAA's students. They are serious, but you have to accept flying at the main airport of operation, LGAL Alexandroupolis.
Flight training barely possible at LGTS thessaloniki. General aviation and flight training operation no longer welcome at LGTS since the Fraport management took over. I'd say you have more choice of flight school in Athens/Megara, if you are willing to go there..