PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL - Now or later?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2003, 23:45
REvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, didnt expect to get this many replies!

Someone had mentioned the ATC to me but when I tried to look on the internet for some information I couldnt find much. Im about 5 minutes down the road from Cosford, I know there is quite alot of ATC and gliding activity down there. I will go down and have a look see if there is anyone I can talk to. Maybe even has Genghis mentions there could be some jobs there as I would enjoy been around planes in general and meeting the people in aviation. Ill definatly look into that further though.

Has for starting the theory now, how do I go about that? After I took my trial lesson the CFI explained the two different theory books that can be used one was more pictorial and the other more text based. I take it these can be purchased from any of the online pilot stores? I'd be definatly interested in doing this so I could have a clearer understanding of the theory when Im in the air and the exams.

I may also try what Scuzi suggested and try taking a handful of lessons next year and if I find myself struggeling at the start of each lesson then wait a year.

Once again thanks for your replies guys they have been a great help. Any more comments welcome.
RE