PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Oct 2019, 01:09
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by The Wawa Zone
Glen, I do not know you and you do not know me. I have had a bit to do with CASA re AOC approvals, waivers, Aviation Med for eyesight problems, etc, during my flying career and a lot more dealings with Government contractual matters outside of aviation.

I understand the emotional aspect of this situation in which you find yourself, however, having read most of the saga here and elsewhere, I suggest that it is a lost cause. CASA is just a box ticking machine staffed by people with limited time, and the way to feed the machine is with dull mundane compliance, plentiful cheap coffee and even cheaper biscuits, and a play to their egos which are significant and based on their not inconsiderable level of education and experience, eg. Aleck, in many thing excluding (fortunately) actually being able to fly. I did this on numerous occasions by picking the brains of both FOIs and OLC at every opportunity, and knowing backwards the legislation and regulations (and the rest of the rulings and other made-up crap). I was fortunate in having prior legal training outside of aviation.
You have been doing the opposite and word would have come down from above for the lower level CASA minions to get you out of their hair and timesheets.

You seem to have spent a lot of money so far and want to get some return for that by spending more. I'd suggest that unless your legal advice states the cost of obtaining some probability of financial compensation and by when, or you will get and be satisfied with a simple (without prejudice) apology, that you pack it up and start from scratch with a new flying business. It's always hard to de-emotionalise stuff like this and stop the action-response loop running in your head, but I suggest that starting something new will work out better in the long run despite the current bitterness.
I disagree, you shouldn’t have to jump to someone’s tune and now at their feet just to gain an approval that you meet requirements for.

Just because you, and admittedly most of us have bent over to some FOI’s demands (that are totally out of their scope etc) doesn’t mean it should be right.