PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 27th Oct 2019, 13:02
OldnGrounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
But as almost a forecast, this new board member isn't going to sit quietly and see what happens. Expect to see instead stridently pro-active moves to shorten that distance from board actions to the design and plane-building realms.
Throw the optics label if it suits you; Boeing very obviously created the mess it's in (with help from FAA, yes, and the Congress, and....). But count one attorney who keeps at least a few seats in one row of the mind open, as after all, do any of us have anything like the responsibilities of the U.S. Navy CNO on our c.v.s.?
If the admiral makes those proactive moves I'll be very impressed -- and grateful and relieved. And far be it from me to question the competence of a guy who has succeeded in the career path he chose.

I've just seen so many of these board-seat shuffles, almost always for the purpose of placating the press, customers and shareholders and so seldom resulting in real change in the trenches, that I tend to be suspicious.