PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2019, 08:38
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 116d
I wouldn't have thought there's much in it economics-wise between Q400's and ATR 72's, though from a passenger perspective having been on both I prefer the ATR 72's and if it's -600's the bigger overhead luggage bins will be an improvement over the -212A/500's from EI-REL/M's time based at IOM. One negative of having aircraft based at IOM from the last time is if one of them goes tech or if there are delays it impacts the rest of the day's programme, whereas at the moment they can swap aircraft at BHX or MAN.

I do wonder whether this is one area where the new regime are flexing their muscles on the business and who's driving the change?
I was in the pub the other night and there were a few Western Atlantic engineers there. It seems another matter to consider is that they are able to (and do) carry out line maintenance on the ATRs but not the Dash.

To be fair to Stobart, I've been on the receiving end of needing to wait for a replacement aircraft getting off the IOM and it led to a <2hr delay. Nothing too drastic in my view.