PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 27th Oct 2019, 04:58
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
The effect on APTA members

Much of this has been about the effect on me, but perhaps its worth recapping on the effect on some of the other businesses. Obviously, I would have to take legal advice, but my intention will be to involve all parties effected by the action undertaken by Mr Crawford, Mr Martin, and Mr Mc Heyzer.

APTA had a number of members and these included MFT, AVIA, LTF, ARC, BLT Aero Club, LTV aero club, Sim jet, Chartair, White star, and had another two members about to join.

By joining APTA these organisations came under the one authorisation. Systems were standardised and centralised. The systems were robust.

As these members have been forced into breaking away from APTA, they have lost significant capability. Lets look at the BLT and LTV aero clubs.

As a member of APTA they had access to

A robust and well funded safety department, able to gather and act on group statistics.
Registered Training Organisation approval to deliver a Diploma in Aviation.
The ability to enrol international students
Ability to deliver the integrated 150 hour CPL as opposed to the 200 course with GST.
Ability to deliver contracted check and training to charter operators
High levels of redundancy through 3 X CASA approved HOOs, 2 X CASA approved Safety Managers, and 2 x CASA approved CEOs.

By Brad Lacey initiating a complete reversal of the previous CASA approval, the aero clubs are substantially effected,

The aero clubs will be "cut loose" and have to find their own way as Part 141 only, with the loss of capability that comes along with that.

All so totally unnecessary, and avoidable had my FOI, Mr Lacey acted with a modicum of good intent. Could be done. Far more satisfying obviously for him to act in a more clandestine manner, and bring harm.

Seriously, Mr Carmody, where do you find these people, seriously. Horrible people, how can they hold their head high as they skulk around the industry wreaking havoc. Hang your heads in shame