PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of Windows 7 Support
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2019, 23:02
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
My home set up provides the best of both worlds with a fast, secure & regularly updated O/S along with WIn 7 to run those necessary programs that must run inside windows. Win 10 is OK but only just so most certainly not a preferred O/S for me. Win 10 on my machine is disappointingly slow and opening from hibernate takes longer than my Linux machine from a cold boot!
Right from the very start my expensive new Dell Inspiron 3000/15" i7 laptop 'impressed' with it's very slow startup times. It only got worse as time passed, and about three months ago I decided to invest in a SS HDD. 'Twas costly since a 1TB was part of the OEM and I decided to stay with that. The recommended Adonis True Image did not produce a working clone, so I went back (in some desperation) to the already installed Paragon HD Manager to see it that was any better. Indeed it was, and once I made the new HDD 'active' I was rewarded with a machine better than it ever was at new in terms of boot up speed and the loading of programs.

SS HDDs are coming down in price all the time now. The lift in boot performance and speed has made their installation well worth while in all the machines where I have taken the plunge.

FOR