PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2019, 13:07
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55

The info on Jethros isn’t and wasn’t quite correct, not all of the 757s were due to leave this Winter in any plan, and BYAW is owned so hasn’t got a lease to extend.

The 757 exit plan hasn’t been made public since the MAX grounding, however I think it would be fairly suicidal to be disposing of a fully crewed fleet of serviceable aircraft whilst the MAX still doesn’t have a return to service date (or the confidence of crew and passengers), and an expansion of 10-11 lines of flying is planned for next Summer.
I agree, the info on Jethros seems to be very generic and not overly accurate. I’m sure it was mentioned on here fairly recently that BYAW will be the next to go (OOBG went to DGX on Tuesday). It has been based at LTN for a while so we will see if it gets WFU next week when the 757 ops there change over to 738 (this is what they did with OOBG at GLA). I guess BYAW will only be withdrawn though if they have found a buyer. At 24 years old, they may be thinking it’s best to sell it ASAP before it loses more value.