PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Oct 2019, 12:30
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Apology from Mr Mc Heyzer

Letter of apology – inappropriate remarks

Dear Glen

On 26 August 2019, I had a telephone conversation with APTA’s new CEO, Mr XXXXX. In the course of that conversation, Mr XXXXX advised that statements you make in relation to matters concerning your personal experience with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority should not be regarded as communications reflecting the view or position of APTA.

On the following day, 27 August 2019, I was provided with a copy of an email from you addressed to the Prime Minister, among others, which included remarks of the kind mentioned above, under your signature as APTA’s Deputy Head of Operations (HOO) in an APTA signature block.

Later that day, 27 August 2019, I sent an email to Mr XXXXXXX, seeking his confirmation as to whether you were employed by APTA as Deputy HOO, as your signature block indicated, and whether you were or were not authorised to speak on behalf of APTA in that capacity. In the circumstances, I found the designation of your status in the email you sent to the Prime Minister to be inconsistent with the assurances Mr Qushair had previously provided.

In querying the situation with Mr XXXXXX I wrote:

I understand that Mr Buckley remains as APTA deputy HOO. This is no longer tenable with the comments that Mr Buckley is making publicly. Please confirm APTA's intentions in relation to Mr Buckley as deputy HOO and whether Mr Buckley is authorised to speak on behalf of APTA.

My reference to the untenability of the situation was intended as a reflection of what I considered to be the impropriety of your remarks appearing to have been made on APTA’s behalf, without the apparent knowledge or endorsement of the APTA CEO.

On reflection, I can certainly see how my statement could have been construed as raising a question about the tenability of your employment in the position of APTA’s Deputy HOO.

I contacted Mr XXXXXX by phone on the afternoon of 27 August 2019 to minimise any potential misunderstanding.

My choice of the word ‘untenable’ and the way in which I phrased my query was inappropriate, and I unreservedly apologise for any apprehension this may have caused you.
Yours sincerely

Last edited by glenb; 26th Oct 2019 at 23:41.