PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is There Any Evidence The RAAF Has A Positive Attitude To GA?
Old 26th Oct 2019, 02:31
BigPapi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete

Okay, I’ll bite. You want to know what your problem is Sunfish?

You fit into a profile not dis-similar to Dick Smith when it comes to using this forum to try and gain traction for political agendas.

That MO goes something like this:
1. Start a post about something you are genuinely already convinced about and in which your view can not be swayed
2. Disguise it, using the title of your post as a question as if you want feedback and to hear what others have experienced or feel
about this area.
3. Attempt to systematically destroy or minimise evidence or view points which contradict your original one
4. Here’s the pièce de résistance... Introduce a false dilemma type argument - the old “you’re either completely with me, or completely against me”. For example, in a thread about RAAF promoting GA, discuss whether people in Switzerland should be allowed to take their military service rifles on public transport.
5. Wrap it all up with some sorrow and attempt to illicit sympathy and garner support that way from the people you’ve stereotyped and belittled in the first place (“I was once in a gay wedding ceremony”).

Other, even more juvenile techniques you’ve tried to successfully employ include:
- throwing of insults (“boiling frogs”)
- hands in the air Helen Lovejoy style (“ I will now shut up on this subject.“ followed by nothing of the sort)
- segregation (assuming anyone who doesn’t agree with you is LGBTI)
- talking down (“dynamic = constantly changing” - thanks for explaining that little gem to the peasants, sure to get people on side)

So a little advice from this heterosexually married with three kids whom you’ve branded as being with “them”, you know the social justice, LBGTI, govenrment captives...

1. Don’t ask questions about things on which you are SURE you already have the answer. This is the most important piece of advice - you’re setting yourself up for anger and heartache every time.
2. Don’t attack and shoot down people who don’t give you the answer you’re looking for. Again, see point 1 to avoid this.
3. Avoid false dilemma arguments.

You asked if the RAAF promote GA. And several of the posters have indicated they do, such as
- supporting and encouraging pilots to fly GA on weekend when their hours are low
- Pearce flying club (which unfortunately had to be relocated)
- Highly ranked Air Force officers with obvious personal interest in GA and private aircraft ownership

I’ve never been in the forces. But thanks to the responses to your post, it would appear to me that the RAAF is most definitely not anti-GA.

Thanks for clearing it up 👍
Bitten, chewed, spat out.

Well done Pete, nail smashed on the head.