PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 25th Oct 2019, 14:35
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
A stern message from Glen

I have been chased out of the industry by the conduct of Mr Brad Lacy, Jason Mc Heyzer, Mr Craig Martin, and Mr Graeme Crawford. Their conduct has left me on the cusp of being declared bankrupt. My actions improved safety, theirs have reduced safety. That is measurable and demonstrable.

Soon i will initiate a legal action to have their conduct tested. That is a fact.

Soon Mr Mathews as Chair of the Board, and Mr Carmody as the CEO will have to make an important decision. Will they continue to stand behind these personnel. If they are aware of their own CASA Regulatory Philosophy, they will not be able to stand behind them. Its that simple. They will lose all credibility. Mr Mathews will tarnish a distinguished career, and Mr Carmodys credibility as the Head of a Government Department will be tarnished at least.

I am here with my laptop on the roof of my borrowed car, and I am parked at Essendon Airport. Drawing on happy memories, and trying desperately to re-energise myself, and my mind drifted to all the wonderful people that work within CASA. Right back to Robyn Maleki, Phil Betts, Nishi, John Costa, the entire CLARC team over the years, the people in licencing, to the Mathew Fords, and the Peter Finches, to Owen Richards, Peter White, Graeme Taberner, Ben Cook, Tim Baker,John Lindsay, Mr John Hanton, Derek Fox, Grant Howard, David Gobbitt, Gavin Secombe, Teoh, Bill Cox, Tim Penney, Michael White,Michelle Massey, Harold Bankien, Colin Mc Lachlan,and many others.

I apologise because I know I have missed many, but that is not the point of this post. There are probably well over 800 well intentioned people in that organisation, people that genuinely want to work with industry and conduct themselves in accordance with CASAs own Regulatory Philiosophy. They really want to go into work, and play their part in improving aviation safety, they really do.

There are others, that I have named above that choose not to.

Is that defamation. Absolutely not. I write it to protect all the good people that work within CASA. If I bitch and moan about “CASA” then I only bring harm to them, and that is not my intention.

Mr Carmody simply cannot allocate any more public funds to this "project", it is a clear breech of his obligations under the PGPA Act. As individuals they are welcome to initiate action against me. I relish the opportunity to tell the truth, and will demonstrate that it is in the public interest. I am actually protecting the reputations of the vast majority of CASA personnel.

In fact if all of those named people stepped aside, and others within CASA stepped up, that would be a measurable and demonstrable increase in aviation safety in Australia, and 100% og the General Aviation industry will concur with that statement. I repeat 100%. Every business owner, every regional aero club, every charter business, flying school, engineer, and pilot will concur.

So where to from now. As my legal process begins, I know my legal team will tell me to stop posting, and I will. So what will I be doing.

I will be working diligently in the background, on my well prepared, and well documented case.

I will be seeking employment outside of aviation.,

I will commence an active campaign commencing at the end of next week, to promote myself as an independent candidate for the seat of Chisolm, and I will topple Gladys Liu, at the next opportunity.

One thing I will not be doing. Once this process commences within the next 21 days, I will not back down. A condition of engaging my legal firm, is that there must be no compromises. This must absolutely, go ALL the way to a determination. A settlement is a bribe. This will go to a determination, so we actually know who is right or wrong.

I encourage Mr Carmody to make the right decisions over the next 21 days, or an irreversible path will commence.

The time has arrived. Any person within CASA that is involved in this process, must now display ethics. You must choose to step aside, or be complicit.

Those of you with ethics will say. ""Sorry, but im not comfortable being involved in this process". Its that simple. You will be fully protected by your union, but more importantly, you will be displaying ethics.

I can assure CASA, that if they choose not to sit down with me in the next 21 days. I am going all the way. You cannot bring so much totally unnecessary harm to me and my family, and not be held fully to account. I mean it, I really do.

The only thing that will stop it, is me having a stress induced heart attack. My wife said the other day. "If you have a heart attack, im going inmto CASA, and im going to slap Brad Lacey" You have been warned.

Last edited by glenb; 28th Oct 2019 at 22:38.