PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2019, 13:01
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Umm - sorry old chap but that region will never ''become stabilised'' in the near term, which is why Jet2 have stayed well clear - Yes the locals want us Brits back in their hotels but........

Yes I agree it is a strong market potential from all over the UK and many SSH holiday regulars will be booking as we speak for their dose of winter sun - Many having 2 such holidays there a year.
However, all we need is one more serious event in the region and it will be ''brakes on'' again.

I'm not so sure if Jet2 will dip their toes in this market despite the huge temptations for a quick £.
Wasn't getting at the region but more at the market. Which it will. British public are fickle. I travelled there in 2012 - felt so safe in SSH. Went with Monarch - planes were full. They went 6 weekly i believe in the height of winter from MAN alone.

Jet2 so close to announcing it back in 2015 i suspect it may come up on the radar relatively soon. Maybe within a couple of years. Maybe not at all. It's a way of utilising the aircraft, especially in Winter, and filling them. The markets no longer have Monarch or Thomas Cook. So Jet2 no longer have as stiff competition as they would have from Monarch and Thomas cook. They've also changed from 2015 - they have BHX and STN as bases. Cover most of the country.

I understand it is one of those - if something happens breaks quickly get applied - but Jet2 are always quick to respond as they did when Turkey declined a couple of years ago. Who knows we will see.