PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2019, 11:39
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Umm - sorry old chap but that region will never ''become stabilised'' in the near term, which is why Jet2 have stayed well clear - Yes the locals want us Brits back in their hotels but........

Yes I agree it is a strong market potential from all over the UK and many SSH holiday regulars will be booking as we speak for their dose of winter sun - Many having 2 such holidays there a year.
However, all we need is one more serious event in the region and it will be ''brakes on'' again.

I'm not so sure if Jet2 will dip their toes in this market despite the huge temptations for a quick £.
I suspect they've also got their hands full with expanding to cover for the loss of Thomas Cook on other routes. It seemed to me the green light to lift the travel ban to Sharm-el-Sheikh came out of the blue.

It's an interesting dilemma for airlines and how they deploy capacity: do they stick to "safe" destinations such as Spain and Greece by plugging the gap left vacant by Thomas Cook knowing they will probably be successful, or do they risk a return to a destination which was popular before the travel ban was imposed but is an unknown whether that demand will return in light of this week's developments?