PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 24th Oct 2019, 08:10
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
As I always understood regarding the 737 MAX design back in the days on the drawing board was that the 737 MLG undercarriage area and the space could not be enlarged, hence the only option was to heighten the NG, and move the new type of engines upwards and forward of the wing, which has lead us to where we are today...

This is now a rather sorry and sad state of affairs, where using Grandfather rights of an old Boeing design from the 1960's has shown up serious flaws and weaknesses in trying to piggy back a massive new design on an old air frame, basically on the ''cheap'' - In the process has ended up killing almost 350 passengers and crews in two brand new planes that dived into the ground, leaving the future of the project in serious doubt as to how the aircraft if, or when it is permitted to fly passengers again will be branded.

Is the 737 MAX product name tarnished?
TUI UK Holidays and Flights have removed any reference on their web pages that they have or had, any 737 MAX in their fleet.
Ryanair's brand new fleet grounded at Boeing's factory awaiting delivery, has had the word 'MAX' painted out, and now shows Boeing 737-8 200 on their noses.

DaveReid - Yes I note the front air-stairs seem to be a Ryanair option fitted - thanks.
I think they maybe one of the only MAX customers to have chosen them?

Last edited by rog747; 24th Oct 2019 at 08:45.