PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is There Any Evidence The RAAF Has A Positive Attitude To GA?
Old 24th Oct 2019, 00:41
flighthappens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish

You and your ilk are too stupid to realise that we live in a dynamic world (“dynamic = characterised by constant change). What I am trying to explain to all you boiling frogs is that the glass wasn’t always completely empty. It doesn’t have to be empty in future either.

The boiling frog doesn’t know it’s being boiled because the temperature change is gradual. So has been the loss of your aviation freedoms. ASICS, the continual attempts at encroachment by bureaucrats on your basic operations in the name of “safety”, the use of the criminal code, capricious enforcement, etc., etc. and you think this is normal??? Perhaps to you it is. I remember different times - and that allows me to think of different possibilities for the future.

You are obviously content with the status quo, I see a trend to even more authoritarianism in the future, for example, how would you like your stupid little “e-health” record to be automatically shared with CASA Avmed? That is only the beginning of how “big data” is potentially going to change your life and freedoms.

And now the days of just walking into a hangar without an ASIC are gone on some airports, then there is the OH&S crowd, then there is what has been done Angel Flight and Glen Buckley, and you sit there, Pangloss like, and think you live in the best of all possible worlds? You have been conditioned like one of Pavlov’s dogs, to enjoy your captivity!

To put it another way, how horrified would you be to learn that when I was a kid, I carried my military rifle to school or the range on public transport. Think of it! Whole cities would be in lockdown if that happened today! There would be social justice warriors crying in the gutters over the outrage. Then feminists would demand to know why only boys did this. Then the transgender lobby would swing in. FFS, there is nothing sacred about aviation as an activity except to CASA.
nice. None of which is to do with the RAAF.

The vast majority of the RAAF restricted airspace is offshore, where I imagine that most light GA traffic aren’t interested in going.