PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is There Any Evidence The RAAF Has A Positive Attitude To GA?
Old 23rd Oct 2019, 07:08
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VH-MLE
Unfortunately Sunfish has been brainwashed by Australia’s very own expert in all things aviation Leadsled AKA Figjam...
MLE,
I wouldn't want you to be disappointed, so I will throw in my two bob's worth.

The military in Australia, mostly the RAAF, has a very negative effect on ALL aviation in Australia, but particularly light aviation, because of the vast tracts of restricted airspace.

By any comparison, US, Canadian or UK/Europe, the extent of military restricted airspace in Australia is simply ridiculous, even without any consideration of the extent of military traffic, which, in Australia, is minimal, compared to, say, the US.

Or the extent in UK, and don't forget, the UK largely fits on two 1:500,000 topos.---- then have a look at RAF/RN activity.

As I will never forget, at a meeting in Canberra on the subject, quite some time back, the RAAF position was made very clear, I quote: "We won World War II, it all belongs to us".

And, to this day, legislatively this remains fundamentally the case, again in total contrast to almost every country, which would normally be compared to Australia.

The comparison with US is stark, again, a little while ago (and I doubt anything has changed) it was a correct statement to make: There is more military restricted airspace ar Williamstown/Richmond/Nowra, alone, than the whole of the USA.

Tootle pip!!