PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2019, 03:31
bding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
So I don’t understand why you can get a loan for $125k for the Dream Academy, but not to do it through your local flying school?

I didn't think I could loan for a local flying school through government assistance, but I definitely cannot afford either one of them out of my pocket, or get a loan from a bank.

Originally Posted by morno
Have a look around the industry and see how many different options you have. Heaps!! Don’t close off 3/4 of them by going through somewhere that may be looked down upon for its original purpose (getting a job with QF), but that hasn’t happened yet however could happen soon leaving someone to have to replace you. I know I wouldn’t commit to hiring you if I saw it on your resume.
I'd be fine working with QantasLink, in fact I think it would be cool to start off with considering I am living in a regional town myself. But I would, of course, eventually want to move up into Qantas itself.
Originally Posted by Mr Google Head
if your only acceptable outcome is a job with Qantas mainline then you probably don’t have the required passion to survive the first few years in the industry without bailing. I don’t mean this to sound harsh.
I wasn't saying that this is the only outcome I wanted, I just thought that must've been the outcome of what the academy would open you up to.

Originally Posted by FLGOFF
"Congratulations, you've made it through to the hold file, we'll get in contact if we need you".
I bet that is one very big hold file.