PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying ticket on the Internet.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 18:59
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I have also made mistakes online but was content that they were MY mistakes! There are many reasons that I now book online and, usually directly with the supplier of the service - eventhough it will be more expensive.
  1. I can do this at any time of the day or night that suits me.
  2. I can pause the research and return to it days later - with call centre that is very difficult as they would have to go back over the draft plans. For a shop that is possible but I would have to visit the shop multiple times and, probably, have a queue backing up behind me.
  3. I can spend as long as I like comparing destinations, routes, carriers and aircraft.
  4. Decide whether to spend Mileage or earn it.
  5. I can tweak each and every aspect and decide the schedule for us. The last time I booked an inclusive package was more than 20 years ago.
  6. The spreadsheet can be extensive and complicated.
  7. Take time to discuss my findings with my partner and when she can get holiday (I'm self-employed so can take what I want).
  8. You learn to watch out for websites that, when you go back a step to alter one aspect, then reset one or more fields to their default.
  9. I sometimes use the aggregation and 3rd party sites for research but, by paying the supplier directly, I know that, if something goes wrong - I have control of the booking and can deal directly with them.
  10. If I cost me money by a mistake - I will forgive me!
Currently, we are discussing where to go with a BA 2-4-1 voucher and I can test availability and price for a destination in just a few minutes, as I did last night.