PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 17:11
morno

Received 310 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by bding
Considering that it'll cost me somewhere around $125,000, which I can loan.......... The academy would probably be the best option for me, I don't have the money to train through a flight school in my local area
Forgive me if I’m missing something, because I don’t know much about the Dream Academy, but a local flying school these days I’m pretty sure will cost you a lot less than $125k for much the same outcome at the end (licenses, ratings etc.). So I don’t understand why you can get a loan for $125k for the Dream Academy, but not to do it through your local flying school?

If there’s no guarantee of a job at the end I don’t think I’d want to be going through them.

Have a look around the industry and see how many different options you have. Heaps!! Don’t close off 3/4 of them by going through somewhere that may be looked down upon for its original purpose (getting a job with QF), but that hasn’t happened yet however could happen soon leaving someone to have to replace you. I know I wouldn’t commit to hiring you if I saw it on your resume.