PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why don’t many low cost airlines offer ZED fares or ID90s
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 14:39
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Intrance
The point of standby tickets is that you are not going if there is no empty seat for you (jumpseat rides excluded)... How is there a loss in revenue if the seat is otherwise empty, or better put, not sold? In case of a jumpseat ride it is even extra revenue as you usually can't sell that seat (until one of the LCCs catches on to that idea ).
I didn't say the seat would be empty. The commuter or holidayer will instead buy the ticket for a modest amount (hopefully still affordable as it's lowcost after all). For easyjet, nobody but operating/positioning crew can sit on a jumpseat so that wouldn't make any difference. If they did allow it, it would be £5 earned by the airline which would probably just about break even for the cost of fuel/time processing them.

Originally Posted by CaptainJim

It seems to be a difficult concept for the LOCO pilots to grasp. Really they’re just trying to justify the reason that don’t have access to ZED fares by knocking them. I’m sure staff travel at Wizz Air and EasyJet is much better than ZED fares.
I've got staff travel arrangements with 2 other major British airlines which is nice, but a hell of a lot more stressful when using rather than my companies internal scheme which usually involves confirmed tickets with the same rights as any other full fare paying passenger.

Last edited by giggitygiggity; 22nd Oct 2019 at 14:50.