PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer First Officer Life
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 08:21
byrdstrike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kibathepilot
in terms of rostering, do they get much overnights?
You can bid for minimum or maximum, average with no preference seems to be about five a month for the winter.

Originally Posted by Kibathepilot
how many days off compared to on, are FO's treated well by management i saw on some old forums working conditions and
morale werent great so?
You get at least one three day off block a month plus three two days off, never normally much more than that but you do survive the odd standby and also a few easy one sector positioning days.

I can’t comment for anyone else but I’m happy, nice captains and cabin crew, supportive training department and a fun aircraft to fly on a very varied route network. It’s hard work and there are some very long days but I think that’s probably true of anywhere. I’ve never been rostered more than a four sector day.

Finally with regards to mainline I can confirm what others have said, there’s definitely not a practical flow through. After two years (post line check I believe) you are guaranteed an interview but that’s it, however the company are trying to encourage more people to want to stay at BACF for longer and have promised lifestyle improvements when the new rostering system finally arrives....