PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steve Purvinas, legend
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 07:39
patty50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rot and undercapitalisation goes much further than just planes. 10+ year old computers (brand new on Bourke st) 30+ year old tugs, ancient tools, cars, forklifts, buses you name it they’ll let the airline go broke before they spend money on the equipment required to run an airline. Every piece of machinery imaginable is constantly broken down waiting for parts because they don’t want to carry any inventory.

The under capitalisation of equipment is dwarfed only in the underinvestment in people. How many AMEs are getting licensed every year? Apprentices trained and employed? Upskilling of LAMEs is non-existent.
The amount of individual contractors, labour hire and EBA holding companies (Jetconnect, QGS, MAM, QFCCUK) is utterly shameful.

These are things that won’t make the wheels fall off entirely but the costs over time become enormous. The good thing for those responsible is they can readily shift the blame which is every Qantas managers sole priority.

Originally Posted by Street garbage
I hope someone on here can confirm this split shift arrangement.
I may be wrong but I don’t think you’ll find anyone on a Qantas Group EBA working split shifts. More likely at your swissport/Aerocare/Oceania third party ground handlers.