PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight prices going up ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2019, 23:32
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackfriar
Also be wary of the airline knowing who you are. I know of hotels that are priced much higher for regular customers and where they have an internet profile that says you are “wealthier” based on previous browsing history. Try checking from a different IP address ( work machine or home machine) or via your phone internet connection. This is the way the internet is working against us.
I’ve tried to book a hire car using my gold membership card and been given a price twice that compared to just visiting the site as an anonymous “stranger”.
But you don't need to neccesarily book direct with the airline, only yesterday I was chatting with an American friend of mine, maybe 5 times a year he flies with PAL LAX/MNL/LAX and has been paying circa $800, I demonstrated to him that booking thru a travel agent, sourced via skyscanner, the same flights are only $700.

And it's not as if I shall use the same agent all the time, I shall do my searching, decide upon what I would like to buy, then I shall clear my cookies and pretty much do all of my shopping thru my topcashback account, not only is one agent up to 10% cheaper than booking flights directly with PAL but they give me a further 1.5% cashback, some recent hotel bookings Agoda regularly give me 6%, Expedia gave me 12% whilst ebookers gave me 13%, there can be no way that I am a regular cistomer of one particular airline or travel agent.