PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawk XX204 Service Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2019, 15:37
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
The Inquest .....

I don't suppose the North-West Wales Coroner will be greatly bovvered by the loss of one of Her Majesty's forty-year-old Hawks. Nor I guess, will he be officially concerned with the near death experience of the pilot.

The Coroner's duty is presumably to take evidence and rule on the cause of death of Corporal Bayliss. I imagine he is not bound to investigate. His verdict may be a simple one-line finding, or a narrative, or (very unlikely) even be provided by a jury.

It will be interesting to see who turns up and says what, or not, to the Coroner, and what time-scale the Coroner expects to provide for the resumed inquest. Will he look beyond the simple words and authority of the SI ? Will there be legal representation for the interested parties ?

This time there doesn't seem to be a deus ex ejector seat machina to miraculously take the blame via an avenging HSE, but that doesn't mean that any possible contribution or blame will be correctly assigned, given the MoD's penchant for re-writing or concealing history.

We seem to have strayed from the OP's likely purpose in starting the thread but I have a feeling the tale has some way to run.

LFH