PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Rated conversion to EASA
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2019, 12:59
newpielot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikhail B
Hello,

So a bit of a backstory, I did my initial flight training in the Philippines where I obtained CPL-IR and then proceeded to obtain the A320 additional rating on September of 2018.
Its almost been a year now of applying to Airlines throughout the world (With focus on Air Asia Philippines and Cebu Pacific Philippines) and I've yet to get any promising news other
than "Please wait for our call". The Airlines in Europe I've contacted basically told me they can not accommodate my application as I do not hold the EASA license.

I'm at the end of the rope and need to act. I have 2 options now:
1. Either commit to a flying school as a Flight Instructor and be bonded under a 3 year contract flying single engine C152/C172
2. Convert my license to EASA and try to apply there with 200 hours + A320 rating (Total of roughly 270h)

The good news is that I do hold a European passport (Swiss citizen), but I am unaware of the conversion process or if I would just be wasting more money at the end of the
day converting my license only to be stuck in the same situation I am in now.

Would greatly appreciate any help, thank you so much!

If your based in The Philippines you can do your EASA distance learning then do your exams in Kuala Lumpur with the UK CAA.

Are you a citizen of The Philippines also?
If not what made you do your training in The Philippines?

Did you do your training in PAAT or Alpha?
Ive heard CP prioritizes pilots trained in PAAT.

I hope you’ve heard from the airlines by now.