PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 21st Oct 2019, 05:22
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
- What’s the take-home pay (after tax) USA Regionals are offering new FOs, and what is it for Captains?
- It seems like the Regionals with older aircraft (ERJ145) are paying more than carriers with the ERJ175, right? I guess they need to pay more to attract applicants to an older type?

Personally, I’d rather the ERJ175 as they are common in Latin America where I have an interest in living.
I’m and Aussie and have an FAA ATP already, but no jet time and only experience in small turbine a/c, plus I’m 46 years old so unlikely to flow onto a major airline.

If I went onto a Regional in the USA what, would be the best salary I could expect about 3 years down the line? The dilemma for me is I can currently take home 8k usd a month plus, just flying a caravan, which is probably already comparable to what a USA regional Captain would make? Right? I’m tossing around the idea of applying to the regionals, but maybe not such a good idea for an old chap?
the only regional that has 175’s taking E3’s at the moment is expressjet. There’s also no guarantee that you will get the 175 as an FO, and a fairly low probability of upgrading into it as a captain as it would be the senior aircraft. I can’t see expressjet’s senioritt list but it would be safe to assume that all the lifer Captains will be taking the 175 captain slots.