PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of Windows 7 Support
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2019, 04:02
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
It's not my intention to be overtly critical of the revered Mac series of alternatives. It's primarily that I am locked into MS programs /applications for a rather broad series of priorities, some / most of which have no parallel alternative in the Mac family. There is also the matter of compatibility with others who are using MS based machines and programs and the sharing of data with them. Yes, it's perhaps possible to run some of these within Mac hardware using programs to mimic Windows, but what is the point of that ..... Generally I've found Windows 'hardware' to be reliable far beyond the declared life of the operating system, so there's not an issue there. Finally, given my age, I really don't feel inclined to learn yet another 'new' operating system, given also that I started with cassette based Tandy Model I box and have dabbled in almost every consumer level mainstream alternative system since that time - with the exception of CPM. So, still no thanks (as politely and respectfully as I can)

FOR