PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VeRR- have you experience of it?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 21:47
Typhoondriver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Lima Juliet

Much of what you have said, I am in total agreement with. However, your rigid support of the 'money makes no difference' ideology is reminiscent of the institutionalised myopia only normally seen in individuals that have either sat on the Manning Desk, or drunk the Shrivenham tonic.

We're agreed that the solutions you have described at points 1-4 would make a near instantaneous improvement to the current sorry state of affairs. Why then, has nothing been done to resolve these issues? They've been previously highlighted and well known for close to 10 years. Why are things getting worse? How long would points 1-4 take to implement?

$$$$$$ - When I'm talking about monetary incentives, I'm not suggesting an enormous pay increase for the regulars. We all knew what we signed up for, how much we would be paid, and how long we would have to serve.

I'm talking about a targeted monetary incentive aimed at high calibre individuals who have already made the decision to leave the Service 'come what may'. MOD has the ability, through the lever of money, to persuade certain individuals to continue engagement with the Service in order to retain much needed 'on-type experience and knowledge'. They don't have to retain all of their previous high-end qualifications and currencies; even leading a simple REDAIR sortie, would create some much needed slack in the system, allowing others to take their Annual Leave for example. And if we can create some extra slack in the system, that in turn might stop things getting worse, which in turn might allow some breathing space, which might give you the 10 years you'll need for points 1 - 4. When the systemic issues have finally been resolved, you can turn the money taps off.

Bottom line:- Extra cash is the 'Quick Clot' required to stop the bleed whilst the SO's triage the patient and implement a long term treatment plan.

The alternative being that the many experienced pilots currently leaving will be lost to the Service forever. And our loss, will be Jet2/BA/TUI/BAE/Middle East's gain.