PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew screening at airports
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 21:03
meleagertoo

Received 136 Likes on 65 Posts
The smug, bullying antagonism of the 'security' farce at Luton's crew gate was a gauntlet we all had to endure for years, An utterly disgraceful unprofessional display of Ultimate Power by people of the most suspect origins when it came to rational security concerns...Poachers turned gamekeepers would be the mildest way of describing it.

The crew where one had his risotto passed as acceptably safe while the other crew's rice pudding was deemed 'liquid' and thus explosive.

I kid you not...

And the 10 years I passed through there with a Leatherman tool every day after 11-9 and not one of these feckwits noticed it. Until one day my bag was searched due to a sandwich(!!) and it was 'discovered'. I correctly claimed it was a tool of the trade at the same time a builder was going through with a huge tool-box full of nothing that was searched. I made a fuss and was disciplined.
I trid to get security disciplined for chronic long-term criminal negligence for allowing a leatherman tool through for 10 years. It didn't work.

I was wrong, they were right.

At that point I realised that airport "security" is an utterly indefensible and theatrical farce, totally pointless, porous as a sponge and largely biased against honest, law abiding native British people, as was reinforced when my 82 year old mother was subjected to what amounted to a public strip-search by these thugs a year or two later. Should I be angry that she was white, female and 82 and they were of middle eastern/eastern descent and clearly full of self-righteous attitude?

Well, should I?

It's got fuggall to do with security, that's for sure.