PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 20th Oct 2019, 18:05
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hans brinker
Not saying I agree with the lawsuit, but you are totally wrong. There are direct numbers published by the company about the amount of flights cancelled, hiring and upgrades delayed, and hours flown per pilot reduced, backed up by around 5% (and increasing...) of the the fleet grounded. This is not some "might have happened", it happened, and is still going on.
As far as you bad-mouthing their maintenance, the mechanics are fighting the company to stop those practices, and the pilots support those efforts. Please show me an example of the pilots "limboed (?)" under every rule.....
No, I am not a SWA pilot, or even fan of SWA
You have probably never met a Southwest pilot or seen one taxi or fly. It is eye opening in how they abuse those planes. I have crawled up the Jumpseat more than once as they cross the fence at Ref+30 after a completely unstable approach as they attempt to shave a minute off a flight. They use the FAR’s as a guideline. Had an FAA inspector in the Jumpseat recounting how he was in the cockpit of a Southwest 737. In descent with the clacker going off the Captain turned to the fed and said “that’s the Southwest victory song”. That was followed by a very long debrief at the gate upon arrival.

Just watch them land on 24R at LAX and use max braking to make the reverse high speed. I have ridden in the back and it is as if the earth has personally harmed them in the way they assault the runway.