PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who made the decision on the ASIC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 13:48
YPJT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What some are suggesting is that at rural airports there should be a section to which an ASIC is not required with GA access to the apron. As said above these rules seem to have been developed with no consideration for GA ops. That is the problem.
OK, so the question that goes begging on that is; why should pilots be given special dispensation within the legislation? You can't on one hand be calling current system "discrimination" and then asking for special treatment on the other.
Having been around this game for quite a while now and been involved in the various legislative changes from industry consultation right through to enactment, I'm sorry to say that what you are suggesting wouldn't get over the start line.
To get any support for it at all you would have to convince the two main groups that comprise the industry security forums. Those being airlines and airport operators. I just cannot see that happening.
GA has been in the past and continues to be poorly represented, in fact totally unrepresented at just about every conference I have attended.