PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The High Priest In Action.
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 12:12
exfocx

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Lead Ballon,

Having finished Emmerson's submission I have neither a Yes or a No for you. I have no knowledge whatsoever of the difference in standards to be able to make any comparison and I have no expertise in the area. I also presume the submission precedes the Angel Flight saga (of which I'm only vaguely aware) and I have no idea to whom it was made or the reasons. However I assume your beef is with his argument against CBA. To be honest I'm somewhat flummoxed by your attitude towards him, I don't see him as a technocrat in the derogatory way as you and Sunfish have described him and I found his attitude and position on regulation to be well argued and I didn't find him to be ideologically fixated in his professional opinions. I believe a good example of of his lack of ideology is evident on page 23 under the heading: The relative Roles of Standards and Good Judgement (for some reason I cannot C & P from the PDF).

In my opinion I found him to be arguing for a professional regulator free of undue industry influence and not suffering from regulatory capture as was demonstrated in the Hayne RC (ASIC & APRA).