PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX SFO (main thread)
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 04:49
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsb
I’d rate US ATC services as similar to many 3rd world country ATC services. Their use of non-standard RT, lack of empathy with non-english speaking airline crew, ridiculously fast speaking and unnecessary visual approaches for long haul airliners causes unnecessary extra RT, go-arounds and incidents.
You obviously haven’t been to LHR. Now, that airport definitely has the best ATC services in the world. And guess what, it’s limited on real estate, maxed out capacity wise and doesn’t need the use of visual approaches to achieve that capacity.

I operate A320s for scheduled pax service from KLAS. A lot into DEN, LAX, DTW, ORD and ATL. All of those airports have more aircraft movements than LHR (and, as an ex Eurocontrol trainee: on the radar every aircraft is the same size, so pax count doesn't matter). If you don't see the runway or the preceding traffic: don't accept the visual. If you see the runway and the preceding traffic and don't accept the visual: find a different career. I flew in the EU for 7 years, now in the US for 15, if you can't fly, you can't fly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...raft_movements