PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of Windows 7 Support
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 03:43
jimjim1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FullOppositeRudder
I've noticed that my W10 machines are getting just that little bit slower to load after each "update"; it's a subjective reaction but one which is hard to ignore. Sooner or later this will have to be addressed.
I had noticed windows gradually becoming slower and slower and SLOWER. I feel I know a bit about computers and this behaviour puzzled me greatly. One day someone asked me to help fix their computer - it wouldn't let them log in. There was some weird error message about the User Account.

I was aware that the machine had become very slow over two or three years of ordinary use.

I resolved my friend's problem by logging in as Administrator, creating a new account for the user and copying all the documents etc over from c: \users\user1 to c: \users\user2.

I was ASTONISHED to discover that the machine's performance was restored to AS NEW. I have subsequently carried out the same operation a couple more times with gratifying results.

Of course this will only work seamlessly if you have installed your programs for "All Users". For reasons unknown to me this has always been my strong preference.

"Apple? No thanks" You put that more delicately that I might have