PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of Windows 7 Support
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2019, 23:13
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Some interesting observations on usage presented here: https://gs.statcounter.com/windows-v...top/worldwide/ Even more so when one looks at the data for some of the countries... W10 is already the dominant operating system and the trend of the graphs will almost certainly continue as new hardware replaces the old. There is a fascinating blip in the Australian chart which shows that for August, Windows 10 usage went down, and XP went up. I can think of no reason why that could be. Perhaps the data is wrong.

I've more of less got into the swing of W10 as I've purchased newer machines. I use the Classic Shell interface as I did with W7 and I really don't notice many differences which really annoy me.

I still have a couple of XP machines which have their offline functions which are not offered in the later versions and for which no replacement programs are available, Indeed I've just installed SS HDDs in them and they really move along now. And for those who may have missed it, my XP machines do not go online. OK?!

I think it's perhaps inevitable that there will have to be a new version of Windows somewhere on the horizon. I've noticed that my W10 machines are getting just that little bit slower to load after each "update"; it's a subjective reaction but one which is hard to ignore. Sooner or later this will have to be addressed.

I have passed on any Linux alternatives. I did try, but they were more hassles than usefulness. Apple? No thanks.

FWIW
FOR