PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 19th Oct 2019, 19:18
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mryan75
Strawman. And what kind of lunatic goes asking for IP addresses of other people on a message board?
Various Authorities have already demanded - and received - highly sensitive documents and other commercially sensitive information they deem necessary to try to get to the bottom of who knew what when. Boeing is highly likely to be facing some very big Legal battles. Any Court can request PPRuNe to give details of who posted what. It wouldn't look good for Boeing if it transpired they had a very close connection to various contributors who did their damnedest to try to divert all attention away from the failings of their aircraft design, instead repeatedly trying to shine the spotlight on the pilots and to put the blame on them, in what appears could possibly be a desperate PR exercise.

Do you really consider such Authorities requesting access to such important evidence to be lunatics?

And I really fail to understand your gripe about which contributors have pilot licences. I happen to have ATPL, but I don't see the relevance. What is clear, is this is often a highly technical area of discussion, and a great many of highly knowledgeable and articulate contributors are kindly sharing their expert knowledge for everyone's benefit. I am grateful to them for doing so; they clearly know far more about the technicalities and systems than most pilots are ever likely to know. I doubt many of them have any pilot licence, as you disparagingly comment, however that takes absolutely nothing away form their highly valuable contributions.

You have condescendingly told contributors to 'go off back to their Flight Sim' when you have not agreed with their comments. Why can't you accept that many of the contributors know far more than you do, and that your continual berating of non-pilot contributors is quite ridiculous?

It is clear why my comment about contributors who criticised the accident pilots, but bragged about how great all Western crews are has apparently upset you so much. Do you remember who posted this remark about how wonderful Western pilots are compared to the accident crew's abilities?
I still believe 100% that a US or European crew wouldn't have had any problem at all
It seems all the more daft, now more is known about even Boeing's technical pilots being surprised, caught out, and thoroughly confused about MCAS's actions. And they were the ones who already knew about Boeing's clandestine, pernicious piece of software.

And remind us, who had to eat a load of humble pie after spouting off about the Ethiopian crew, only to discover that the victim FO did a far better job than you ever imagined a foreign pilot could possibly have done?

Last edited by pilotmike; 19th Oct 2019 at 19:57.