PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 19th Oct 2019, 14:02
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OldnGrounded: "I pointed out in post #3145 that it is common for investigators to withhold information during active criminal investigations. WillowRun expressed skepticism that DOJ would do that with so much riding on the FAA/NTSB investigations. I agreed that it is nearly incomprehensible, but that's what seems to be happening."

....three quick points before returning to the academic stratosphete of commercial and civil aviation:
1. Comparison to handling of document disclosure in the aftermath of the crash of TWA 800 is false; there obviously was not a type certificate grounding (or an effort to re-certify), unless Canadian air perhaps has buffeted my memory units.
2. Post previously could fairly be read as expressing skepticism - "my bad." In the spirit of a forum thread, I was trying for "disbelief, disbelief-plus-indignation." And the reporting certainly does force suspension of the disbelief.
3. But the indignation persists, is it not so? Yeah I've read some stuff put up on Twitter by "popehat" and if there's stuff on this situation or the MAX more broadly, the suggestion to see it is appreciated. But....where a type certificate has been pulled, worldwide (without legal challenge as after the DC-10 1979 grounding), and two crashes totaling 346 fatalities....all the generalities in the world about lawyers, cops and evidence aren't going to be enough. Maybe more insight by those directly involved will, in the end, suffice, to explain.
By the way, that total number of fatalities? Same as in the Turkish DC-10 crash outside Paris, 1974. Strange, isn't it?