PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could Aviation be part of the climate change solution?
Old 19th Oct 2019, 09:17
StraightLevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether we like it or not, or even whether it is or it is not, aviation is seen as a major contributor to climate change and as such I initially wondered if there is anything that could be done to turn a perceived negative into a positive.

From the thread it’s obvious that it’s not so straight forward, however if the climate models are really as incomplete as some replies suggest I still think that there just might be a way in which we could use our high level emissions to humanities advantage.

i also still think that there may be a possibility that high level clouds would be beneficial as they might provide an element of shade but still have enough atmosphere below them to allow the energy absorbed into the earth to be dissipated into the air immediately below the clouds and have less effect on the lower atmosphere, and surely high level H2O emissions would be better than CO2.

Hopefully as climate modelling advances we will be able to accurately asses this and find a better way forward for aviation.