PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 18th Oct 2019, 23:47
sphealey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
According to WSJ article, Boeing reportedly stated it had not disclosed these documents, after producing them to DOJ in like February, to other federal agencies, because....the criminal investigation underway involved these other agencies also. What? I mean, white-collar criminal defense atty I'm not, and certainly I'm not amongst the thickly stacked ranks of those types in Washington, but does Boeing's reported statement even make sense to any extent at all?
The end-of-October House hearings should be dramatic.
Oh, and no less than Bob Clifford (a lead atty for plaintiffs in Ethiopian cases) today expressed significant concern that a Boeing employee had taken the Fifth.
I recommend reading the Popehat blog and twitter (@popehat). Ken White is the majority contributor; he was formerly a federal prosecutor (AUSA) and is now in private practice as a criminal defense attorney. He blogs/tweets on topics such as what happens when a citizen is or believes he is under criminal investigation. I won't try to recount any of that discussion and recommend you read it for yourselves. The fundamental takeaway however is that the game changes the instant criminal investigation is so much as mentioned and every party involved will asses their personal, professional, and family situation for themselves.