PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 18th Oct 2019, 23:05
edmundronald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gums
Salute!
@ Edmund.... et al

No need to go fishing. Just ask if there was ever a test of MCAS operation per the spec, and then a test when it was not supposed to activate ( high and low speed), and finally...... a test with the stick shaker going, unreliable speed and such warning lights and at 400 or 500 feet climbing out.

I have to minimize my legal comments/opinions, but feel comfortable critisizing the testing, certification and MCAS implementation of the MAX as a pilot and test engineer.

I do not wish Boeing to fail, but I have lost a lotta respect and trust. Anyone else here feel that way?

Gums sends...
Gums,

I’m just an SLF. Worried about the certification system, hoping the FAA and even EASA get a good kick in the rear parts to keep them honest. I can understand the manufacturers trying to cut corners, but the certifiers are supposed to make sure they don’t get away with it. It seems improbable to me that the pilots didnt all share info over drinks, and that the guys at the FAA didnt know of rumors of the issues, even if they didnt officially know of them.