PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawk XX204 Service Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 17:02
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by sharpend
When I misjudge them (as one does) I throw them away good and early. .

.......and that, gentlemen, is EXACTLY why in an earlier post I was suggesting a. GATE at low key, but no-one seems to have taken that onboard.

Perhaps AOC 22 group, and Commandant CFS ( once my student, then AC Roy Crompton, on his refresher course) may care to consider it.

Forget all the other stuff, keep it clear and simple so everyone knows the drill, it you dont make low key you SHALL throw it away, just as we long in the tooth airline pilots captains called it a day if we did not see the lights at DH, no argument or indecision, a GA was carried out.

Have to disagree about gliding, gliding-a Blanik or whatever or a large jet ( I used to practice PFLS in Canberras) the principles are exactly the same, only the numbers change.Its all about energy management.

The captain who saved the AC B 767 at Gimli was an experienced glider pilot, ( as was the captain of the Air Transat A 330 in the Azores double flameout incident ) whichI believe greatly helped them get the jets down in one piece without seriously injuring a single person.

Last edited by RetiredBA/BY; 19th Oct 2019 at 17:49.