PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who made the decision on the ASIC?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 10:32
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh I don't know, I would have thought that if any country would require such a security measure introduced as a result of 9/11 it would be the US?

But no! Whenever I've had cause to enter an airport either airside or as a passenger in the US, or it be an airport that handles 'jet transport pilots' or GA or some of the bigger airports that handle substantial jet traffic, I haven't had a nazi approach me once. I've had fellas come up and say hello, checking in a friendly way why I'm there or if they could help me. Hell, I even know a bloke that has a hangar for his RV at an International Airport. He swipes a card to get into his hangar from a gate on the opposite side of the terminal.

I get over there pretty regularly, I've not had one poor experience with the TSA, not one. And they haven't 'randomly' checked me for explosives once with some drumstick with a chux on the end of it. But I reckon they'd know tout de suite if I was packing one.

The ASIC, I faithfully take it every where with me, wishing upon wish that someone will ask me for it at Warnambool. Just one day, it would make it all worthwhile.