PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our kids — future Career
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 09:09
avtur007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Turbine70;10597169]Respectfully your description isn't AI.

AI isn't programmed for the task, it is programmed to learn about it.

I think if you read my post I do mention about the ability to learn, but that's exactly my point, current AI can only 'learn' what it's been programed to learn. The bank voice recognition example you give is programmed to ONLY learn and interpret voices, probably only in one language. It can't learn anything else and would struggle with people who have speech impediments. It won't even attempt to, or even know about, the possibility of translation if someone speaks a different language to it, it just won't work unless it hears the correct language. Hardly intelligent. Whereas take a human in comparison. They will instantly recognise another language and although they may not be able to understand it, can very quickly make a learned decision to get a translation or Indeed find another way to make it understandable. That's why I believe AI is a fantasy, it'll never be real intelligence that can learn anything outside the parameters it's been programed with. Should be called artificial programming rather than artificial intelligence.