PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rebranching before phase two training (RAF Officer)
Old 17th Oct 2019, 21:53
Flopgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lima Juliet
There is a holdee in our HQ that starts EFT this month - he finished IOT almost 2 years ago to the day. There are students on IOT at the moment who have been told to expect around 12 months from graduating. People starting IOT early next year are expected to have holds of around 6 months when they finish IOT. I’d call your ‘guy’ a fibber if I was you - there is even an app on Defence Connect that allows any student to check their EFT date if they input their Service Number. Also, there are no less than 3x full-time staff looking after the pipeline in HQ Directorate of Flying Training that can give your ‘guy’ his expected start dates any time (although he should have started if he finished IOT 2 years ago!) - sorry, I don’t believe you/him.

Which ‘AVM’ told you that? There are many AVMs in the RAF that know nothing on this subject. You need to go to a source who actually knows real facts rather than some scuttlebutt at a cocktail party.
Just what I've heard! Believe me or not...

The "AVM" in question.. I would have thought that an appropriate acronym for "Air Vice Marshall" as that it his rank who I won't name on a forum for obvious reasons). I saw him fit to give the advice being the head of a large frontline group in the RAF, and someone I thought knowledgeable about how aircrew can move around both historically and into the future as he's seen it.

​​​​​​Considering your experience with HQ/Aircrew/career progression etc, how likely is it (in your opinion) a pilot on RPAS could move into instructor position much later in their career? Again, I've seen ME pilots move to BFJT on Tucano as instructors...

​​​​​​