PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 17th Oct 2019, 20:45
DUXNUTZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JPJP

I agree with most of your points. Especially the Atlas/Southern cess pit. I could see Frontier and Atlas doing E3s at some point though.

The underlined sections gave me pause. There is no “stretch” with a green card. It’s a legal right to work. In over 20 years here, I’ve never heard of any holder having an issue. It’s against the law. And they don’t care.

Your “sort of legacy airline” ? There is only one sort. Perhaps just an odd choice of words ?

I’ve never heard a word about ‘stealing jobs’. But, your experience, is your experience. So I wouldn’t dispute it. Perhaps you’re talking about at a Regional level ? Even there I never heard a word. But, that was before E3 etc. On the other hand; some mouth breathing rednecks have found their voice. That may have changed the landscape.

I do hear a lot more Australian accents on the radio.

Cheers 🍻

Was under the impression you needed to be a citizen to be competitive. Was personally told this at a job fair from Delta, when they picked apart my resume. Granted this was years ago before the market opened up.

The angst part part comes from some experiences flying with bigoted folks who are scared of foreigners. Have experienced this at my own airline (Not Delta/United/American but another legacy) and jumpseating on United where a Captain gave me the third degree about stealing jobs and demanded to see my passport after identifying as a US citizen.

You may may be right on the political climate.