PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IBEX Airlines
Thread: IBEX Airlines
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2019, 19:01
Rubrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crjdriver,

Thanks for all the solid gouge. Was doing some research for the future and saw Ibex which, from the nature of the job and your posts, look interesting, fun, and provides a good place to start out in Japan.

Noticed there were some large issues posted around 2009-ish. From what I could read between the lines, it was apparently from a mixture of bad attitude from the expat mixed with old-school Japanese pilots in positions of authority (apparently can't post links to threads, but thread titles below). Particularly concerning was from goneagain, who claimed that if you angered someone in the airline, you'd never hear of it, you'd just fail your next checkride. The second thread seems to reinforce his position, where nihon_nightmare claims a check captain set up a JCAB check for failure. Do you have any experience/knowledge of this time period? It seems like your experience has been much more positive, so I'm guessing it was either bad expat attitude or a/some local(s) who have since left the company.

I'm not too worried about attitude, I'm used to shutting up and coloring as long as safety isn't compromised. If it's an atmosphere where there's a faction that actively does not want foreigners, that's more concerning.

Thank you and all the other people who've posted copious gouge on the area and companies - Frate, Dom, jrmyl, and everyone else.

IBEX, IAC Global, ANA Connection
IAC Global and Ibex Airlines a Japanese nightmare